1. Super trendy pieces – like harem pants, shoulder pads… most boys just don’t get it
2. A too sexy outfit – balance is the key & that requires flaunting one feature at a time
3. Wild hair accessories – same boat as number one
4. Too much make-up – you don’t want to look too artificial
5. Uggs/Leggings – it looks like you are going to class
6. Anything you’re not used to wearing – heels, a dress that needs constant readjusting
7. Ill-fitting clothes – if it’s too tight, it’s not flattering!
8.Big purse – makes it seem like you have a ton of possessions
9. Clothes that are too androgynous – save the menswear for a night out with your friends
10. Something that’s completely not you! – you won’t feel comfortable if you’re trying to achieve a look that your friend picked out for you, and not feeling comfortable with how you look never seems attractive
I think almost every girl (maybe guy too!) can attest to thinking a little too hard about what to wear on a date with someone you really like. From trying on way too many things to incessant mirror primping, it can be a stressful experience. This week I’m going to make collages that show cute looks that are right for dates that take place in different settings, from the coffee “pre-date” to the dinner & a movie date to the formal date. Stay tuned!
In the general theme check out these articles:
Penn Badgley’s take on what the sexiest things women can wear
what not to wear on a date
All of these looks are from Urban Outfitters, but the concept is pretty universal. These models aren’t dressed to the nines or innovative fashionistas anything, but they would make a good impression on a professor or a classmate, and stay comfy.